Thanks to Sherry at The Lunch Lady blog for awarding me with the One Lovely Blog Award! Everyone should head over to her blog right now for some inspiration. She is a tea connoisseur, a whiz with refurbishing, and a wonderful blogger!
As part of accepting this award, I must tell you all seven things about me, some you might possibly not know. Here they are in no particular order:
1. I want to travel to unique places in the world and get paid to write about my travels. I feel like I live under a rock sometimes because I don’t get out enough. There are special parks locally and I wonder why I’ve never heard of, or been to these places. Apparently there is a large “cat” sanctuary in Arkansas. You can stay in cabins on the premises and hear the Lions speak to each other across the park in low, thundering trills as you wake in the morning.
2. I really enjoy reading and writing short stories. Inevitably, you have to do a lot of editing, but strangely, short story writing gives you freedom to get right in to the nitty-gritty of the plot. My particular emphasis is on character development, you may not relate to the characters, but there is just something about them that appeals to the reader. Let’s just say, I love writing so much, I aced my creative writing course! Not to brag or anything.
3. I’ve tweeted back and forth with the real life Wonder Woman, Linda Carter. On several occasions. Again, not to brag or anything.
4. I collect the tops of Honest Tea bottles and the tags from Yogi Tea bags. Somehow I think one day I will have time to do an art project inlaying the bottle caps on a table top where-in I pour acrylic over them to preserve the well written six-word essays inscribed in the bottle caps. I also think one day I will have time to make jewelry out of the tea bag tags. This has been two years in the making.
5. I’m still catching up on the classics of literature. This summer I read The Great Gatsby for the first time and loved it. Any given day I might be reading 3 books at the same time. Currently I’m reading Tracks, The Kinetic Keeper (a book by my cousin), An Autobiography of a Yogi, and soon I will be reading To Kill a Mockingbird.
6. I love watching people’s reactions when they taste my food for the first time…especially if I’m proud of it.
Now to continue this on and pay the love forward from Ms. Sherry’s blog, here are the following people I would like to nominate!
O.K. bloggers here are the rules to accept the award…and I look forward to hearing more about YOU!
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. You must list the rules and display the award.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.Unlike the Liebster Award which is aimed at newbie bloggers, this award has no restriction as to who you can nominate!